BRAZILThe Brazilian Government's Scientific Mobility program, a competitive scholarship program, provides students matriculated at Brazilian universities an opportunity to pursue study for up to 12 months at colleges and universities in the United States or select other countries. Students transfer the credit back to their degree program at their own university and return to complete their degree in Brazil.
The New York Film Academy is among the eligible options in the U.S. This is a one year non-degree program. Students will begin their program in either January (spring semester at NYFA); or September (fall semester at NYFA).
For more information please see: http://www.iie.org/Programs/Brazil-Scientific-Mobility
How to Apply:
The New York Film Academy works through CAPES, the Brazilian government’s educational funding agency. Interested students should consult their own universities and apply at the CAPES website, http://www.cienciasemfronteiras.gov.br/web/csf/graduacao. IIE, the U.S. entity charged with administering the CAPES grants, identifies the appropriate U.S. college or university for each student, and forwards the application.
Students may not apply directly to NYFA for this program. All students are directed to apply through CAPES at the website above.
- Scholarship for International Baccalaureate Holders
Holders of the International Baccalaureate are eligible for a $500 per year Tuition Grant. Additionally, International Baccalaureate holders will receive special consideration for the Need Based Tuition Assistance grant.
- New York Film Academy Need Based Tuition Discount
The New York Film Academy (NYFA) is pleased to offer Need Based Tuition Discount to all qualifying students. The NYFA Need Based Tuition Discount is a needs based program designed to help reduce the student's cost of education in the New York Film Academy's one-year, two-year, AFA, BFA and MFA programs. To qualify, applicants must demonstrate the need for tuition discount through documentation (i.e. parents’ income tax statement, if dependent; personal income tax, if independent). Each individual application is reviewed by the tuition discount administrator using defined criteria that evaluates the available resources for the student’s cost of attendance at NYFA. Applicants are required to provide an essay detailing their need for tuition discount. All applications are reviewed prior to the student’s initial semester in their program of study. In the event a student receives federal student aid, all tuition discount amounts are added to the recipient’s financial aid package and included in the need determination for federal student aid programs. Tuition discount is provided to students for the duration of their program provided the student maintains satisfactory academic progress.
General Application Information Required:
- 1) Completed Application form
- 2) Application Essay (1 to 2 page document discussing the student’s financial circumstances, and explaining their financial need for assistance).
- 3) Student Financial Documentation (all students) demonstrating annual household income. For U.S. Citizens, Tax returns are required. For international students tax return or other documentation clearly demonstrating annual income. Please note, in the event that tax returns are unavailable, the following may be used: Social Security Documents; W2 Forms; or Bank Statements.
- 4) Parents Financial Documentation (students under 26 years of age) demonstrating annual household income. For U.S. Citizens, Tax returns are required. For international custodial parent’s tax return or other documentation clearly demonstrating annual income. Please note, in the event that tax returns are unavailable, the following may be used: Social Security Documents; W2 Forms; or Bank Statements.
DOWNLOAD 2015 APPLICATION FORM
Fax your completed application to:
Fax number: 212-674-7197
Attn: Financial Aid
CANADACanadian students may receive financial aid for study at NYFA and should consult their local Provincial and Territorial Financial Assistance Office for all requirements.
DENMARKDenmark provides loans and grants through SU for degree programs only.
KAZAKHSTANBolashak Fellowship program http://www.kazakhembus.com/page/bolashak
MALAYSIAMalaysia Government offer Scholarship for Film or Art study for Malaysian residence under Multimedia Development Corp Sdn Bhd (MDeC)
SAUDI ARABIASaudi Arabian Cultural Mission http://www.sacm.org
If you have questions about enrolling, please contact Tami Alexander firstname.lastname@example.org
SOUTH AFRICANational Arts Council
Funding is available from the National Arts Council of South Africa for arts projects and bursaries in the field of the arts. The NAC offers individual bursaries at post graduate level only. Bursaries for undergraduate students are offered through education and training institutions. Visit www.nac.org.za/funding.
National Film and Video Foundation
Individuals, companies and organisations may submit funding applications to the National Film and Video Foundation for grants or grant loans in any of the four funding categories; education and training, script development, production, marketing and distribution. Visit nfvf.co.za/funding.
National Youth Development Agency
The NYDA Grant Programme is designed to provide young entrepreneurs with an opportunity to access both financial and non-financial business development support in order to enable them to establish or grow their businesses. The programme will focus on youth entrepreneurs who are at intentional, promising and new stages of enterprise development. Visit http://www.nyda.gov.za/Pages/default.aspx.
SPAINThe Regional Ministry of Economy, Innovation, Science and Employment of Andalucia, Junta Conosciemento de Andalucia TALENTIA Scholarship Program.
TAIWANTaiwan's Ministry of Education (MOE) offered a low-interest loan to help students to study overseas
In Taipei, City Government has allocated up to $70,000 in funding 1,000 student per year
Dept of Education : $34,500 for Masters per student, $69,000 for PhDs, with no quota on numbers of borrowers
In Changhua, City Government distribute approx $150 million to local student in next 12 years, with no payback for 3 years plus extended payment period up to 16 years
Dept of Education : $69,000 for Masters per student, $103,500 for PhDs, total loan available is 150 each annually
UNITED KINGDOMProfessional and Career Development Loans
support your learning, visit www.gov.uk/career-development-loans
SPONSORED STUDENTSThe New York Film Academy accepts students sponsored through the organizations listed below. Please visit the respective websites to see the requirements for becoming a sponsored student:
- FULBRIGHT, an organization that administers grants for sponsored students, mainly for Masters programs, from countries outside the US. www.fulbright.state.gov
- FULBRIGHT-LASPAU, an organization that administers grants for sponsored students from Latin America and the Caribbean. http://www.laspau.harvard.edu/current-programs/fulbright
- AMIDEAST, an organization that administers grants for sponsored students from the Mideast and North Africa. www.amideast.org
THE ORGANIZATION OF AMERICAN STATES (OAS) offers scholarships through its Academic Scholarship Program (Regular Program) every year for the pursuit of Master’s Degrees, Doctoral Degrees and Graduate Research leading to a university degree. The OAS also has a Special Caribbean Scholarships Program (SPECAF), which grants scholarships for the last two years of undergraduate studies to citizens and residents of the English-speaking Caribbean OAS Member States, and Suriname.
For more information about the scholarship programs and the application processes, please view the following links below:
- Graduate studies information link: http://www.oas.org/en/scholarships/regular_program_2015.asp
- Undergraduate studies information link: http://www.oas.org/en/scholarships/specaf_2015.asp