Jaime RomandiaPRODUCER | DIRECTOR | WRITER
Named by Variety as one of the “10 producers to Watch” in 2005, Jaime Romandía has produced over 35 films in over 20 years. Born in Mexico City in 1969, he studied Business administration before coming to NYFA to study Filmmaking in 1997. He returned to work as an associate producer in TV and decided to establish his own production company, Mantarraya. As a director, he has made two short films Aura and Homeward Bound.
His full catalog of production credits can be found by clicking here and include:
- Japon by Carlos Reygadas (Golden Camera Award Special Mention Cannes Film Festival 2002)
- Battle in Heaven by Carlos Reygadas (Cannes Film Festival -Competition 2005)
- Silent Light by Carlos Reygadas (Jury Prize Award Cannes Film Festival 2007).
- To the Sea by Pedro Gonzalez Rubio (Tiger Award – International Film Festival Rotterdam 2010)
- Post Tenebras Lux by Carlos Reygadas (Best Director Award Cannes Film Festival 2012)
- Heli by Amat Escalante (Best Director Award Cannes Film Festival 2013)
Program Studied at NYFA: Filmmaking
Program Type: 6-Week Workshop
Year Attended: 1997
Location: New York