INTERNATIONaL APPLICANTSThe New York Film Academy welcomes the diversity brought to campus by students from all over the world. In addition to the BFA Admissions Application, to be considered for admission, international students must also submit a supplementary Application for the Form I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for the F-1 Student Visa. The I-20 Application and Instructions are sent by the International Students' Office to all foreign students upon receipt of their Admissions Application. The materials required for the I-20 Application are:
- Completed I-20 Application Questionnaire
- Bank statement or other proof of sufficient funds for tuition and living expenses
- Letter of Affidavit from Sponsor (if funds are not from the student)
- Completed Financial Verification Form (provided in the Application)
- Copy of passport (biographical pages only)
- $150 non-refundable International Student Fee
After all application materials are received, the school will issue the Form I-20 to the student, along with tips for their visa interview. The student will need the Form I-20 to apply for the F-1 Student Visa application at the U.S. Embassy in their home country. Visa requirements and fees can vary between different locations, so each student is responsible for finding out the application procedure specific to their local U.S. Embassy or Consulate. More information about this is available at www.usembassy.gov.
English Proficiency RequirementSince all classes at the New York Film Academy are conducted in English, students must be able to communicate clearly in written and spoken English.
Applicants for whom English is not the first or native language should submit one of the following to verify English proficiency:
- An official transcript verifying completion of secondary education in which English is the primary language of communication
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 520 or higher (190 for computer-based test or 68 for internet-based test); IELTS 5.5, or the equivalent
- A report from a valid English Language School verifying completion of course level equivalent to a 520 Paper-based TOEFL Score.