2023 Location: New York City and Harvard
In our 3-Week Musical Theatre Camp, each student will be guided to work in solo and ensemble songs and scenes that point them to their highest potential, instill a sense of confidence, and allow them to shine.
Our 3-Week Musical Theatre Camp is designed for individuals with varied levels of singing and movement ability who want to elevate their existing skills to a professional level while making lifelong friends from all over the world.
3-Week Musical Theatre Camp: Classes
Courses from the following list allow students to explore the integral skills required for success in the field, to understand professional ethics, and to prepare themselves for the joys and demands of musical theatre.
- Acting Technique: Students are introduced to the tools necessary for strong storytelling including given circumstances, objectives, obstacles, tactics and actions through the use of theatre games, exercises and practical performance analysis. Our Broadway-level faculty provides a fun, safe, and nurturing environment to explore and apply these tools.
- Ballet, Jazz & Theatre Dance: Working with Broadway’s top talent, students of every level are exposed to fundamental dance techniques including jazz and theatre dance, and ballet. Our programs place a strong emphasis on core strengthening, flexibility, and story through movement. Using material from musical theatre, students learn an ensemble piece musically and then proceed into a fully choreographed dance sequence for final presentation.
- Voice Studio Lab: This course will give students an understanding of the voice and its physical components as applied to musical theatre. Students work on fundamentals of healthy singing: breath support, articulation, relaxation techniques, alignment and proper construction/placement.
- Performance Lab: Students are immersed in the works of individual composers and lyricists in this performance-based course that approaches musical theater the same way an actor explores text in a play. Over the four weeks, each student develops necessary skills to thoughtfully interpret material and will work on 1-2 songs during the session. This lab is designed to workshop musical pieces for performance at the end of the session.
- Final Presentation: The three weeks culminates with an Open Class Presentation where all students will have the opportunity to present work generated throughout the course.
Ready to start your Broadway adventure? Click here to learn more about the application process.
Please note that curriculum, dates, and prices are open to change.