New York Film Academy Alumni Coordinator Aundrea Parson hosts a lively discussion with Black and African American Alumni who share their perspectives about what has helped them succeed and persevere in their professional lives after graduation from NYFA. Aundrea is joined by:
- Melinda Graves (MFA Producing) is a Production Manager at MotorTrend Group in Los Angeles where she oversees numerous projects from pre-production to post. Her many working credits include Hot Wheels Life Size to Defying the Elements, where she was an Associate Producer.
- Gina Parris (MFA Acting for Film) is signed to The Brogan Agency. Her award-winning thesis film, A Twist of Life, will be shown on irietimestv.com until 2023. Her TV show, The Honest Honestest Truth aired on national TV in Trinidad and she is currently working on the docuseries Like A Dog With a Bone.
- Samuel McKnight (1-Year Photography) has gone on to direct multiple music videos and started a production company called Sam McNight Films. Some notable companies Sam has worked for are Capitol Records, Warner Records, Roc Nation, and Epic Records, with artists like Mary J. Blige, Bridget Kelly, and Jeremih.
- Jaquece Abraham (BFA Filmmaking) A Producer who has pivoted into being a Covid Compliance Officer/Coordinator working for Gordon Ramseys’ Season 11 of Master Chef and now the Foodtastic Disney+ show (hosted by Keke Palmer).
- Elon Joi Washington (MFA Screenwriting) Founder of Black Film Allegiance, Former Development Manager at Jordan Peele’s Monkeypaw Productions and currently working at Warner Bros. Television Studios under Matthew A. Cherry.