New York Campus
Q: Do I need to submit proof of immunization against COVID-19 to participate in my NYFA program?
A: Students and employees are strongly urged to stay up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations and boosters. However, NYFA does not enforce a COVID-19 vaccination mandate at this time and students and employees are not required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccinations. Students and employees are required to complete and submit the COVID-19 Education and Vaccination Response Form, accessible for students via the Applicant Portal. This form requires students and employees to read the educational materials provided, record their COVID-19 vaccination status, and pledge their commitment to comply with NYFA’s health and safety protocols, as described in the NYFA COVID Safety Plan.
Q. How do I know if I am eligible for a booster dose of vaccination?
A. You are eligible for a booster dose of vaccine if:
- You are 6 months of age or older AND at least 2 months have passed since you received your second dose of the Pfizer vaccine.
- You are 6 months of age or older AND at least 2 months have passed since you received your second dose of the Moderna vaccine.
- You are 18 years of age or older AND at least 2 months have passed since you received your single dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
- You received and completed your primary series of vaccine outside the US, you received a vaccine that is accepted in the US ( Pfizer, Moderna, Novovax, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, Sinopharm, Sinovac, COVAXIN, Covovax, CanSino), you are 5 years of age or older AND at least 2 months have passed since you received your terminal dose of a WHO authorized vaccine.
Q. How do I get vaccinated or get a booster dose in the US and if I don’t have health insurance, what costs are involved?
A. Vaccines authorized by the FDA are available at no cost to all, ages 5 and older. To schedule a first, second or booster dose of vaccine, please click here to learn of the various ways you can secure a COVID-19 vaccine in the US.
Q: What other immunizations are required?
A: Students must submit proof of immunization against Mumps, Measles and Rubella. No other immunizations are required.
Q: Am I required to get vaccinated against Meningitis or Hepatitis B?
A: No. You are required to read the Hepatitis Information Sheet and the Meningococcal Disease Information Sheet included in your acceptance package. You are also required to read, sign and submit to the Student Applicant Portal a completed Meningococcal Vaccination Response Form. By signing this form, you acknowledge that you are aware of the risks of Meningococcal Disease and that you have decided either not to get immunized against Meningococcal Disease, to get immunized in the future against Meningococcal Disease, or that you have been immunized in the past five years against Meningococcal Disease. If and only if you report that you are vaccinated against Meningococcal Disease, you are required to upload a vaccination record that documents that you received the Meningococcal Disease vaccine within the past five years.
Q: What must I submit as proof for immunization against MMR?
A: To be in full compliance with the MMR immunization requirement, you must upload a completed and signed Meningococcal Disease Response Form and a completed and signed Student Immunization Record Form to the Student Applicant Portal.
Q: The Student Immunization Record Form must be completed by a physician. I can’t schedule an appointment with a physician before I begin my NYFA program. What other documents can I submit as proof of immunization against MMR?
A: NYFA will accept any of the following documents as proof of immunization against MMR.
- a certificate of immunization signed by a physician
- a copy of the immunization section of the cumulative health record from a prior school
- a migrant health record;
- a community plan health record
- a military immunization record
- the immunization portion of a passport
- an immunization record signed by a physician, physician assistant or nurse practitioner, or an immunization registry record
- a certificate of immunization signed by a physician
- serological evidence of immunity (blood test result report confirming immunity)
Q: When must I submit my vaccination forms and records needed to comply with the MMR immunization requirement?
A: Students are required to upload all vaccination documents and records to the Student Applicant Portal. Proof of MMR immunization must be submitted 30 days before program start date.
Q: Where can I get the MMR vaccinations?
A: Under the NY Immunization FAQs. See below. Can you add an additional paragraph to start this section. So first say the following: For a detailed list of sites providing MMR vaccinations or tests for serologic evidence of immunization, please click here.
The NYC Health Immunization Clinic offers MMR immunizations. In NY State, college students who are required by their postsecondary institutions to receive Mumps, Measles, and Rubella (MMR) vaccinations are provided such vaccinations free of charge. Pharmacies will also provide MMR vaccinations. For students enrolled in the NYFA Student Health Insurance Plan (NYFASHIP), in-network pharmacies, such as CVS, will provide MMR immunizations at no cost.
Q: I have more questions about the NYFA Immunization Requirements. Where can I get the answers and support I need?
A: Please refer to the Immunization Q & A document included in your acceptance packet and posted on the NYFA Health Requirements webpages. You may also send an email to [email protected]
For Questions/Assistance: [email protected]