Affiliations and Partnerships
NYFA is affiliated with a number of organizations around the world, and is the recipient of numerous awards and recognitions.
Recognition and Awards
- Recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a higher education institution.
- Recognized by The Hollywood Reporter for excellence in ﬁlm education.
- Recognized by Variety for excellence in ﬁlm education.
- Received the U.S. Department of Commerce International Trade Association for Export Achievement Recognition.
- A U.S. Department of Defense contract recipient.
- A recipient of funded students from the FULBRIGHT- LASPAU Program in afﬁliation with Harvard University.
- Consistently ranked in the top 5 of the U.S. Department of State’s annual Open Doors survey of international students in the category of “Special Focus Institutions.”
- The annual Open Doors survey of US Department of State consistently places NYFA in the first five special focus institutions based on the # international students attending.
- A member of the New England Association of College Admissions Counselors (NEACAC).
- A member of the Australian Cinematographers Society (ACS).
- A member of the Australian Directors Guild (ADG).
- An approved educational partner of national and regional governments including China (Ministry of Education), Saudi Arabia (SACM), Government of Iraq (Kurdistan Scholarship Program), Iceland (LIN), Sweden (CSN), Finland (KELA), Macedonia (Macedonia Scholarship Program), Colombia (Colfuturo), Spain (Talentia), Italy (Torno Subito), Brazil (BSMP), Ecuador (SENESCYT), Panama (IFARHU), Malaysia (National Film Development Corporation Malaysia- FINAS, MSC Malaysia), Indonesia (MED LPDP), Mexico (FIDERH), Kazakhstan (Bolashak Fellowship & Scholarship), and Latin America & Caribbean (OAS Rowe Fund).
- A Global Program Partner of the Association of International Educators (NAFSA).
- A partner with Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.
- A partner of Johns Hopkins SAIS Women’s Alumni Network (SWAN).
- Partnered with NBC News education department to create an intensive Broadcast and Digital Journalism programs.
- Strategic alliance with SONY Electronics.
- A partner with the International Studies Abroad (ISA) in promoting excellence in study abroad programming.
- An Avid Learning Partner.
- Imaging partner with B&H Photo Video.
- Education partner for RED Camera.
- A proud partner of the Coca-Cola Regal Films program, which is a professional opportunity for students to create content for the big screen. Students submit scripts for 30-second spot. NYFA is proud to be one of 38 U.S. schools to partner with Coca-Cola Regal Films.
- A supporter and partner of innumerable film festivals around the world including the National Coalition Against Censorship (NCAC) Film Forum, Brooklyn Film Festival, 10-Day Challenge Festival, All American High School Film Festival, Havana New York Film Festival, NAFSA Film Festival, Dammam Film Festival (Saudi Arabia), GI Film Festival (GIFF), and Dominican Republic Environmental Film Festival (DREFF).
- Partnered with many art and culture institutions including The New York Public Library, Lincoln Center, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Guggenheim Museum, Whitney Museum, and the NYC Parks & Recreation Commission.
- A strong collaborator and supporter of numerous veterans and military non-profit organizations and programs including Veterans in Media & Entertainment, Writers Guild Foundation’s Veterans Writing Project, Hire Heroes USA Foundation, Medal of Honor Foundation, The Soldier Project, LA Mayor’s Ofﬁce’s 10,000 Strong Initiative, Vets4Warriors, Operation College Promise, Friends Never Forget.
- Afﬁliated with Endicott College which is regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).
- An institutional organizer, producer, and sponsor of the 2015 & 2017 TEDxFulbright.
- A Carnegie Classification Higher Education Institution in the Special Focus/Arts Schools category.
- Associated with the Government of Tuscany and the Tuscan Film Commission.
- Affiliated through articulation agreements with many universities and colleges worldwide, including The New School, St. John’s University, Fundacao Armando Alvares Penteado (FAAP), Santa Monica College, San Diego City College, CEV Escuela Superior de Comunicación, Imagen Y Sonido (Spain), Università IULM (Italy), and Regents College London.
- An approved recipient educational institution of the Yellow Ribbon Program for U.S. military service members and their families.
- Associated with Final Draft providing a special fellowship in Writing for Film & Television.
Community Outreach and Support
- A major supporter of The Bill Duke Youth Media Camp.
- An underwriter of a youth film festival, scholarships, mentorships, and free programs to disadvantaged teens in collaboration with the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA).
For more information, visit our Fulbright Program & NYFA page.
For more information, visit our Veteran program partnerships and benefits page.`