International Students

Summer Camps and Workshops at NYFA

International students are welcomed and encouraged to apply for our US-based summer camps and workshops, as well as our programs at NYFA Florence and Paris. As our youth programs are recreational and not academic, campers will travel as tourists.

US Campuses

To attend a teen summer camp or workshop at our NYFA New York, Los Angeles or South Beach campuses, international students should travel on a tourist visa or visa waiver to attend. NYFA’s summer camps are classified as recreational in nature and not academic so student visas are not indicated. Students entering the U.S. should state that they are attending a summer camp. Students that are from a country where tourist visas are not easily obtainable should contact NYFA to provide a letter to the Consulate. All passports must be valid for at least 6 months past the intended departure date. To learn more, please visit the US Embassy page:

Please contact the camps office with any questions regarding travel and visas to the U.S.:

E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 212-966-3488

International Campuses and Satellite Locations

Students attending programs at NYFA Florence and our Paris location should travel as tourists. Please call the camps office at 212-966-3488 for more information.

Visa Waiver

The visa waiver allows entry to the U.S. for up to 90 days without a visa for citizens of the following countries: Andorra, Austria, Australia, Belgium, Brunei, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Chile, Taiwan, and the United Kingdom.

*Facts about the Visa Waiver:
Students must have a machine-readable passport, which is valid for at least 6 months past the intended departure date.

Students must register with ESTA in order to use the visa waiver.
The visa waiver CANNOT be extended. It is important not to overstay a visit or else students will not be able to use the visa waiver again. Students planning a stay longer than 90 days must apply for a tourist visa.