Student Life in NYC
New York City Campus students are immersed in a city that offers unlimited cultural activities and inspiration for aspiring artists. At our New York campus, we aim to celebrate our diverse and multicultural student body while encouraging the exchange of ideas through a series of community-oriented events and services.
NYFA New York on The College Tour
Student ambassador Juniel Cotto talks student life at NYFA on Amazon Prime’s The College Tour.
GET INVOLVED ON CAMPUS
- Join or start a student club of your own. If you are interested in learning about what clubs are currently active, email NYstudentlife@nyfa.edu
- Apply to be an NYFA Student Ambassador. The Student Ambassadors program is a paid leadership opportunity on campus geared towards creating community, fostering connections, and assisting with student-life initiatives!
- Browse the NYFA student hub for the latest events and updates on on-campus activities. *Students receive log-in credentials to the hub once they’re enrolled at NYFA.
For more information, contact NYstudentlife@nyfa.edu.
ON CAMPUS EVENTS
Networking Events: These events allow students to connect with peers from other departments and discuss future collaborations.
Community Events: At our NYC campus, we endeavor to create community-oriented events that allow students to socialize and form lifelong bonds.
Wellness Activities: Mental, physical, and well-being events may include health screenings, fitness classes, and the popular “Hug a Puppy” Therapy Dog event.
Club Events: NYFA’s Registered Student Organizations (student clubs) have the opportunity to create and implement campus-wide events that align with their club’s interests and goals.
DEI Programming: Events and initiatives designed to celebrate our diverse community.
MY FIRST WEEK AT NYFA
New Student Orientation Week is full of vital information that will help you adjust to NYFA and prepare you for success. In addition to mandatory orientation sessions, optional events are scheduled throughout the week to provide opportunities for new students to connect with NYFA student support and community resources, and classmates. Below is a sample schedule of New Student Orientation Week.
- International Orientation
- Welcome Orientation
- Acting Program Orientation
Meet Your Classmates Social – Bowling at Bowlmor Lanes in Times Square OR Private Cruise Around NYC Harbor
B&H Trade Show
Cookies and Cocoa Social – Event open to new and current students
New Student Orientation
Class Schedule Distribution
New Student Welcome Reception
*Sample taken from One-Year Acting for Film: Orientation & Registration Week Schedule
The New York Film Academy is committed to the ensuring the safety of students, faculty, and staff. For more information view and download the New York Film Academy’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report.