Student Rights and Responsibilities
A Student Has the Right to Know
- What financial aid is available, including information on all Federal and State programs.
- The deadlines for submitting applications for each of the financial aid programs available.
- The cost of attending the programs and the school’s refund policy.
- The criteria used by the institution to select the financial aid recipients.
- How the school determines your financial need. This process includes how costs for tuition and fees, books, and living expenses are considered in your budget.
- What resources (outside scholarships and other financial aid, etc.) are considered in the calculation of your need.
- How much of your financial need, as determined by the institution, has been met.
- An explanation of the various programs in your student aid package. If you believe you have been treated unfairly, you may request reconsideration of the award which was made to you.
- What portion of the financial aid you received must be repaid, and what portion is grant aid. If the aid is a loan, you have the right to know what the interest rate is, the total amount that must be repaid, the payback procedures, the length of time you have to repay the loan and when the repayment is to begin.
A Student’s Responsibilities
- Review all information about the school’s program before you enroll.
- Complete all application forms accurately and in a timely manner and send to correct address.
- Pay special attention to, and accurately complete, your application for student aid. Errors can result in delays of receipt of your financial aid. Intentional reporting of false information on application forms for federal financial aid is a violation of law and is considered a criminal offense subject to penalties under the U.S. Criminal Code.
- Return all additional information, verification, corrections and/or new information requested by the Financial Aid Office, your state financial aid authority or the agency to which you submitted your FAFSA.
- Read and understand all the forms that you are asked to sign and keep copies of them.
- Accept responsibility for all agreements you sign.
- If you have a loan, notify the lender of changes in your name, address or enrollment status.
- Know and comply with the deadlines for application or reapplication for aid.
- Know and comply with New York Film Academy’s refund policy procedure.
- Know and comply with New York Film Academy’s Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy.