We have a variety of options for funding your studies. Our Financial Aid staff, will assist you in assessing your needs and refer you to the best funding source and answer any questions related to student aid program eligibility or compliance. You can email the financial aid staff at email@example.com
or contact them directly by calling 818.333.3563. Please direct all other compliance questions to the compliance office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
New York Film Academy Need Based Tuition Discount
The New York Film Academy (NYFA) is pleased to offer Need Based Tuition Discount to all qualifying students. The NYFA Need Based Tuition Discount is a needs based program designed to help reduce the student's cost of education in the New York Film Academy's one-year, two-year, AFA, BFA and MFA programs. To qualify, applicants must demonstrate the need for tuition discount through documentation (i.e. parents’ income tax statement, if dependent; personal income tax, if independent). Each individual application is reviewed by the tuition discount administrator using defined criteria that evaluates the available resources for the student’s cost of attendance at NYFA. Applicants are required to provide an essay detailing their need for tuition discount. All applications are reviewed prior to the student’s initial semester in their program of study. In the event a student receives federal student aid, all tuition discount amounts are added to the recipient’s financial aid package and included in the need determination for federal student aid programs. Tuition discount is provided to students for the duration of their program provided the student maintains satisfactory academic progress.
General Application Information Required:
1) Completed Application form
2) Application Essay (1 to 2 page document discussing the student’s financial circumstances, and explaining their financial need for assistance).
3) Student Financial Documentation (all students) demonstrating annual household income. For U.S. Citizens, Tax returns are required. For international students tax return or other documentation clearly demonstrating annual income. Please note, in the event that tax returns are unavailable, the following may be used: Social Security Documents; W2 Forms; or Bank Statements.
4) Parents Financial Documentation (students under 26 years of age) demonstrating annual household income. For U.S. Citizens, Tax returns are required. For international custodial parent’s tax return or other documentation clearly demonstrating annual income. Please note, in the event that tax returns are unavailable, the following may be used: Social Security Documents; W2 Forms; or Bank Statements.
DOWNLOAD 2017 APPLICATION FORM
Fax your completed application to:
Fax number: 212-344-4432
Attn: Financial Aid
Many of our students use a Private Education Loan to cover both tuition and living expenses. -You must be 18 or older and have established good credit OR have a co-signer.
* If you have credit problems then you will need a co-signer; if you have good credit a co-signer will help you get a better interest rate.
GRANTS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
NYFA will help process any grants or scholarships a student might find. It's not easy to find sources to fund arts education and you should expect to spend a lot of time searching (www.finaid.org
reports that only 7% of U.S. students have a grant or scholarship, and that these typically total $2000 or less). Many students start the search here: www.fastweb.com
. There are also some helpful books out there: Kaplan Scholarships, Peterson's Scholarships, Grants and Prizes and The Scholarship Book. These are available at most libraries and bookstores.
SCHOLARSHIP FOR INTERNATIONAL
Holders of the International Baccalaureate are eligible for a $500 per year Tuition Grant.
Additionally, International Baccalaureate holders will receive special consideration for the Need Based Tuition Assistance grant.
Federal Financial Aid
please click here
GI Bill® - Funding and Veterans discount:
Our Office of Veterans Services is here to assist and inform veterans on the many programs approved for GI Bill benefits, including the Post – 9/11 GI Bill. Both the New York City and Los Angeles campuses are approved for the training of veterans and eligible persons under the provisions of the GI Bill. Those who are not fully covered by the Post-9/11 GI Bill funding will receive a 15% discount on tuition. Please see www.gibill.va.gov
or call 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) for information on your eligibility and how to obtain your certificate.
In New York City, the following workshops and programs are eligible: One-Year Filmmaking, One-Year Producing, One-Year Screenwriting, One-Year Animation, Eight-Week Filmmaking, Four-Week Filmmaking, Four-Week Digital Editing.
At the Los Angeles campus, most degree courses, programs and workshops are eligible for benefits. Please contact our Office of Veterans Services or visit our veterans page
Office of Veterans Services
ADDITIONAL SOURCES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Please click here
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.