The New York Film Academy understands that studying in the United States is a big financial commitment for many families. Please review this page for a variety of options including "Need Based Discounts" that the New York Film Academy offers to international students.
In addition, this page includes information about scholarships and financial support for students coming from a particular country.
- Scholarship for International Baccalaureate Holders
Holders of the International Baccalaureate are eligible for a $500 per year Tuition Grant.
- New York Film Academy Need Based Tuition Discount
The New York Film Academy (NYFA) is pleased to offer a Need Based Tuition Discount to all qualifying students. This discount is a program designed to help reduce a student's cost of education in the New York Film Academy's one-year, two-year, AFA, BA, BFA, MA, and MFA programs.
To qualify, applicants must demonstrate the need for tuition discount through documentation (i.e. parents’ income tax statement, if dependent; personal income tax, if independent). Each individual application is reviewed by the tuition discount administrator using defined criteria that evaluates the available resources for the student’s cost of attendance at NYFA.
Applicants are required to provide an essay detailing their need for the tuition discount. All applications are reviewed prior to the student’s initial semester in his or her program of study. In the event a student receives federal student aid, all tuition discount amounts are added to the recipient’s financial aid package and are included in the need determination for federal student aid programs. The tuition discount is provided to students for the duration of their program provided that students maintain satisfactory academic progress.
General Application Information Required:
- 1) Completed Application form.
- 2) Application Essay (1 to 2 page document discussing the student’s financial circumstances, and explaining his or her financial need for assistance).
- 3) Student Financial Documentation (all students) demonstrating annual household income. For U.S. Citizens, tax returns are required. For international students, tax returns or other documentation clearly demonstrating annual income are required. Please note, in the event that tax returns are unavailable, the following may be used: Social Security Documents; W2 Forms; or Bank Statements.
- 4) Parents Financial Documentation (students under 26 years of age) demonstrating annual household income. For U.S. Citizens, tax returns are required. For international students, custodial parent’s tax return or other documentation clearly demonstrating annual income. Please note, in the event that tax returns are unavailable, the following may be used: Social Security Documents; W2 Forms; or Bank Statements.
DOWNLOAD 2017 APPLICATION FORM
Fax your completed application to:
Fax number: 212-344-4434
Attn: Financial Aid
Canadian students may receive financial aid for study at NYFA and should consult their local Provincial and Territorial Financial Assistance Office for all requirements.
to learn more about FONDART.
- COLFUTURO: Click here to learn more about Colfuturo. Students accepted to NYFA are eligible for $25,000 USD per year for master studies and living expenses. If a student is selected by Colfuturo, NYFA automatically awards $10,000 USD per year as well. Please email email@example.com with any questions regarding the process.
- ICETEX: Click here to learn more about the Jóvenes Talentos Scholarship of $20.000.000 COP. Colombian applicants are eligible for an ICETEX loan/scholarship of up to $20.000.000 COP for programs between 12-24 months of duration. New York Film Academy will also award $8,500 USD to any student who is accepted to the 1- or 2-year programs, and is approved by ICETEX.
to learn more about CONAPE.
Click to learn more about NYFA’s affiliation with Funglode
Students from Ecuador who are accepted to NYFA are eligible to receive a student loan for international studies of up to $50,000 USD from IECE Ecuador. For more information, please click here
to learn more about Kela, the Finnish government’s student aid program.
to learn more about GuateFuturo. Students accepted to NYFA are eligible for $25,000 USD per year for master studies and living expenses. If a student is selected by GuateFuturo, NYFA automatically awards $10,000 per year as well. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with any questions regarding the process.
to learn more about HondaFuturo. Students accepted to NYFA are eligible for $25,000 USD per year for master studies and living expenses. If student is selected by Hondufuturo, NYFA automatically awards $10,000 per year as well. Please email email@example.com
with any questions regarding the process.
to learn more about the Bolashak Scholarship.
to learn about the Malaysian Government’s Scholarship for Film or Art Study.
to learn more about IFARHU.
to learn more about PRONABEC.
to learn about the Saudi Arabia Cultural Mission. If you have any questions about enrolling from Saudi Arabia, please contact Tami Alexander at firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding is available from the National Arts Council of South Africa for arts projects and bursaries in the field of the arts. The NAC offers individual bursaries at the post-graduate level only. Bursaries for undergraduate students are offered through education and training institutions. Visit here
to learn more.
Individuals, companies, and organizations may submit funding applications to the National Film and Video Foundation for grants or grant loans in any of the four funding categories: education and training, script development, production, marketing and distribution. Visit nfvf.co.za/funding
National Youth Development Agency
The NYDA Grant Programme is designed to provide young entrepreneurs with an opportunity to access both financial and non-financial business development support in order to enable them to establish or grow their businesses. The programme will focus on youth entrepreneurs who are at intentional, promising and new stages of enterprise development. Visit http://www.nyda.gov.za/Pages/default.aspx
to learn about the Regional Ministry of Economy, Innovation, Science, and Employment of Andalucia.
to learn more about CSN.
Taiwan's Ministry of Education (MOE) offers a low-interest loan to help students to study overseas
In Taipei, the City Government has allocated up to $70,000 in funding 1,000 student per year.
The Department of Education offers $34,500 for Masters per student, $69,000 for PhDs, with no quota on numbers of borrowers
In Changhua, the City Government distribute approximately $150 million to local student in next 12 years, with no payback for 3 years plus an extended payment period of up to 16 years
The Department of Education provides $69,000 for a Masters degree per student and $103,500 for PhD degree programs. The total loan amount available is $150,000 each annually. Click here
to learn more.
to learn about Professional and Career Development Loans.
The New York Film Academy accepts students sponsored through the organizations listed below. Please visit the respective websites to see the requirements for becoming a sponsored student:
- FULBRIGHT is an organization that administers grants for sponsored students, mainly for Masters programs, from countries outside the US. www.fulbright.state.gov
- FULBRIGHT-LASPAU is an organization that administers grants for sponsored students from Latin America and the Caribbean. http://www.laspau.harvard.edu/current-programs/fulbright
- AMIDEAST is an organization that administers grants for sponsored students from the Mideast and North Africa. www.amideast.org
- THE ORGANIZATION OF AMERICAN STATES (OAS) offers scholarships through its Academic Scholarship Program (Regular Program) every year for the pursuit of Master’s Degrees, Doctoral Degrees, and Graduate Research leading to a university degree. The OAS also has a Special Caribbean Scholarships Program (SPECAF), which grants scholarships for the last two years of undergraduate studies to citizens and residents of the English-speaking Caribbean OAS Member States and Suriname.
For more information about the scholarship programs and the application processes, please view the following links below: