NYFA’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Bridge Grant
The New York Film Academy Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Bridge Grant provides financial assistance to candidates of the Master’s Degree, Bachelor Degree, Associate Degree, and One- and Two-Year Certificate Programs.
The DEI Bridge Grant is being offered to students interested in assisting NYFA to bring more diversity to its campuses. Its purpose is to build a bridge toward NYFA’s mission of creating more ethnic and socio-economic diversity by increasing awareness of this mission, and supporting visual storytellers with DEI initiatives.
While the Bridge Grant is open to all, it’s focused on recruiting those potential students who can actively advance NYFA’s DEI mission. Recipients must demonstrate the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion set forth by New York Film Academy. Candidates will exhibit exemplary purpose, creativity, and commitment to community.
Grant Awards and Amounts:
- NYFA will reward up to 15 new Bridge Grants across its 3 U.S. campuses per year.
- Each grant will be in the amount of $1,000 per semester for the published duration of the awardee’s program.
- Grant candidates must be new, entering students who have been accepted into a long-term NYFA program at one of its 3 U.S. campuses.
- Grant awards may not be used if awardee defers enrollment to a later semester.
- Awardees must maintain good standing as a NYFA student in order to receive grant funding in subsequent semesters.
Award Process and Determination:
- To be eligible for the NYFA DEI Bridge Grant, applicants must be accepted into a NYFA Master’s Degree, Bachelor Degree, Associate Degree, or One- or Two-Year Certificate Program at one of NYFA’s 3 U.S. campuses (New York, Los Angeles, or Miami).
- Applicants must complete a DEI Bridge Grant application form.
- Applicants must record a 2-3 minute video in which they respond to the question: “Tell us (in your video) how you, as part of our NYFA community, will help us meet our DEI goals together? Please read through the mission and definitions below.”
- Grant application forms and recorded videos for the Summer 2023 Bridge Grant Consideration must be submitted by the published deadline of March 15th, 2023 and awardees will be announced on March 20th, 2023.
- Grant applications will be reviewed by the NYFA DEI Grant Committee, who will select any and all Bridge Grant recipients. All grant decisions by NYFA are at its sole and absolute discretion and are final.
Click here to apply DEI Bridge Grant.
For any questions, please email us at [email protected].