The New York Film Academy is well known for having the best student to camera ratio with one of the largest inventory of cameras in the world – more than any other film school or University. The NYFA Film School prides itself in providing students full-access to state-of-the-art digital filmmaking equipment and software for their film school projects. When students are given a film assignment, which can be weekly, they are permitted to sign out the necessary equipment for up to seven days, depending on the type of project.
The digital equipment available for students of our filmmaking workshops, one and two-year programs include the following.
• Panasonic DVX100 24p Digital Video Camera
• Lenses 17.5 MM, 25MM, 28MM, 35MM, 50MM, and Zoom Lenses
• Final Cut Pro Editing Suite on Macintosh Pro Computers
• RED One A.D. (Altered Definition) Camera (1 & 2 year students)
o 18MM, 25MM, 35MM, 50MM and 85MM Lenses
o LCD and 17in HD Monitor
In addition to the equipment above, students are also provided with access to transmitter mics, gaffer & grip equipment, various tripods, an AC Kit and our famous “Flying Squad”, which is free 24/7 production support provided by NYFA to each student to use in case of emergencies during their shoot.
The New York Film Academy understands that having access to the right equipment, resources, and sufficient time to use them, is essential to producing your best work. If you are serious about making films, make sure the film school you decide to attend offers serious equipment, policies and opportunity.
* A little known fact is that our students at our Universal Studios location in Los Angeles have access to an exclusive prop and costume collection that regularly supplies Hollywood blockbusters.