New York Film Academy
1-800-611-FILM  |  1-212-674-4300
New York Film Academy Veterans

Frequently Asked Questions

Students watch footage playback on the RED camera


Question: Does New York Film Academy offer a military discount?
Answer: Yes. New York Film Academy offers a 15% discount to all veterans who have an honorable discharge and are not fully covered by the GI Bill®. You must send the Office of Veterans Services a DD214 showing an honorable discharge from service. Military spouses and dependents may also receive this discount if they provide a DD214 from their respective family member who has served in the military.

Question: What documents do I need to provide the VA certifying official for proper certification?
Answer: Please bring your DD214, Certificate of Eligibility, and copy of VA Form 22-1995 (if you have used your GI bill at another institution).

Question: Where can I find out the latest changes on the GI Bill?
Answer: The Department of Veterans Affairs website has the most updated information. Please check regularly as the pages change frequently. To visit the website please go to:

Question: What is the current BAH rate for the local area?
Answer: The BAH rate is based on that of an E-5 with dependents based on the zip code of the institution and your training time.

Question: What is “break pay”?
Answer: This is an automatic payment made by the Department of Veterans Affairs for breaks in between terms. Effective August 1, 2011, break pay is NO LONGER AUTHORIZED under all VA education benefit programs. Please be sure to budget accordingly!

Question: Can I apply for financial aid in addition to the GI Bill?
Answer: Every student can apply for financial aid to supplement his or her GI Bill education benefits.

Question: When will I receive my basic housing allowance and book stipend?
Answer: It will take the VA approximately six to eight weeks, from the first day of class, to process your application. If your application is incomplete or additional documents are required, your first assistance check will be delayed. For example, if you start your semester on September 1st, you would not receive your BAH stipend until November 1st.

Question: I want to change my degree and/or major. What do I need to do?
Answer: To change your major, you are required to meet with an academic counselor.

Question: If I have used my GI Bill at another institution, what do I need to do?
Answer: If you are a veteran transfer student, you will need to fill out the online change of program/training form VA 22-1995. The online 22-1995 form is available at the GI Bill website:

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

For Post 9/11 GI Bill®️ (Ch 33) students and VA Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch 31) students, our tuition policy complies with 38 USC 3679(e) which means Post 9/11 and Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment students will not be charged or otherwise penalized due to a delay in VA tuition and fee payments. For eligibility consideration, a Post 9/11 GI Bill student must submit a VA Certificate of Eligibility (COE) and a Vocational Rehabilitation Student must provide a VAF 28-1905 form.
First Name*
Last Name*
Email Address*
Phone Type*
Country Code*
Phone Number*
Mailing Address*
Zip Code
Preferred Start Date*

Program Type*
Program of Interest*

How Did You Hear About Us?*
Please Specify:*
Highest Level of Education:*
Graduation Year:
Have You Served in the U.S. Military, or Are You a Dependent of a U.S. Military Service Member?* 
Yes      No

* Required Information
Your privacy is important to us.

By submitting this form, you give New York Film Academy your consent to contact you regarding our educational services using email, text or telephone. Msg. & data rates may apply. Please note, you are not required to provide this consent to learn more about NYFA or to enroll in our programs, we invite you to contact us directly at: +1-212-674-4300 and speak with a representative.

Veteran Blog Visit our page on facebook

New York Film Academy Disclaimer
New York Film Academy Disclaimer