Study International Entrepreneurial Producing at NYFA
In NYFA’s Online Master of Arts (MA) in Entrepreneurial Producing and Innovation program, aspiring Producers learn how to think and operate at an executive level in film and television. In this bold new program, students can expand their knowledge and develop advanced business, creative, leadership, and marketing skills while gaining a global perspective of the film, television, and other emerging entertainment industries.
Following our signature learn-by-doing approach, students get hands-on, practical training as they create an e-portfolio that contains the slate of projects that will be developed and produced during this 3-semester degree program. The program is a great fit for entrepreneurial-minded students who want to start their own media company or wish to create their own entrepreneurial path, from independent creators and influencers to high-level executives. As this program is designed to fit a virtual classroom experience, students from all over the world can attend and will use tools available to the students in their own locations.
The Online MA in Entrepreneurial Producing and Innovation curriculum includes:
- Hands-on classwork in courses such as Producing Essentials, Line Producing and Production Accounting, The Art of Pitching, Navigating the Producer’s Roadmap, Producing Alternative Media, and more
- Additional theory and history based courses such as History of Narrative in the Visual Arts, Business Writing, Research Techniques, Curation
- Business and marketing related coursework such as Finance, Distribution, Marketing, Business Affairs, Entertainment Law
- The opportunity to gain experience producing films, short-form videos, web series, and emerging technology media (podcasts, video games, etc.)
- Instruction and feedback from industry experienced faculty and staff actively working in the film, television and emerging entertainment spaces
- Ability to attend guest lectures from top film industry professionals, experts, and more
To learn more about the MA program courses, refer to NYFA’s Course Catalog or request more information.
The online MA degree is a specialized, one-year, three-semester degree. Please Note: U.S. states approve institutions to enroll their residents in postsecondary online programs. Please click here to confirm if your state of residency has approved NYFA’s online MA in Entrepreneurial Producing and Innovation program.
Students in the Online MA in Entrepreneurial Producing program complete real-world projects such as a short film and new media projects, single project finance plans, marketing and distribution plans, episodic television series bibles, pitch decks, start-up company business plans, and websites. The program culminates in a final capstone project of an e-portfolio. To learn more about the projects that students may complete, visit NYFA’s producing project page.
In addition to their Producing courses, students take History and Theory classes that support the Producing curriculum. To learn more, visit NYFA’s History and Theory Courses page.
This MA program is an online degree, allowing students to join from anywhere in the world. This degree includes a mix of synchronous and asynchronous programming to allow flexibility with time zones and schedules. Students must have their own computers. NYFA recommends working with stable internet in a quiet place to ensure the best experience.
Please note: Equipment, curriculum, and projects are subject to change and may vary depending on location. Students should consult the most recently published campus catalog for the most up-to-date curriculum.