In appreciation of the brave men and women who protect our nation, the New York Film Academy is providing an exclusive opportunity for military service members and honorably discharged veterans to receive a 4-Week Scholarship to study at either our Los Angeles or New York campus during the 2014 calendar year.
We’re offering three 4-Week Scholarships–one in each of the following disciplines:
• Acting for Film
• Photography (Please note: 4-Week photography students are required to have their own DSLR (digital single lens reflex) camera with them at the start of the program)
To be eligible to be selected as a scholarship winner, we ask:
Participants need to create a 90-second video telling us your story, and upload it to your YouTube channel.
Topics to include in the video:
• Your military background and experience
• Which program you want to study (Acting for Film, Filmmaking or Photography)
• Why you want to pursue your passion at the New York Film Academy
• Anything else you would like to share with us to help shape your story
In addition to the above points, we encourage participants to include a sampling of their creative work within the video. Perhaps you could edit in a snippet of a short film you’ve created, a scene in which you’ve acted in, or a couple of your iconic photographs. While this is not mandatory, it never hurts to show off your artistic skills!
How to Submit
Participants must upload their 90-second video to their YouTube channel with the title “New York Film Academy Memorial Day Competition – Your Title/Name (ex. “Sergeant John Doe”).
Once you have uploaded your video onto YouTube, copy the video’s URL link and paste it into a post to NYFA’s Veterans Facebook page. In your post to NYFA, include your name and contact information so we can reach the winners. If you’re uncomfortable posting your contact information online, please email your details and the link to your post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Videos must be properly submitted by Memorial Day: Monday, May 26th 2014 by 11:59PM.
How the Winners Are Selected
The winners will be determined based on the following combination:
• The story told to us in your video
• The public’s response to your video on our Facebook page (therefore, don’t forget to share a link with your friends and family to our Facebook page so they can like, share and comment on your video!)
• You’re able to submit a copy of your DD214 directly to NYFA, once we’ve contacted you as possible winner.
• Winners will be announced before the end of June 2014!
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com with “Memorial Day” in the subject line. For more information about our Veterans Benefits, visit: www.nyfa.edu/veterans
We look forward to your entries!