Learn Media, Film, and TV Production at NYFA
In NYFA’s full-time 1-Year Producing Program, students learn the essentials of the entire producing process. Through in-depth coursework and hands-on experience, the program explores the various phases of development such as acquiring rights, working with writers, packaging and assembling a commercially viable project, financing, production, pre-production, filming, post-production, marketing, and distribution. Students also learn the art of pitching, and become comfortable with the legal aspects of producing.
The 1-Year Producing Program curriculum includes:
- An intensive series of classes and hands-on workshops covering topics such as Producer’s Craft, Directing for Producers, Cinematography & Lighting, Elements of Screenwriting, and Film Production
- Instruction and critique from the producing faculty actively working in the industry
- Actual experience working as a producer on set, as well as various roles on classmates’ films
- Access to a high-tech video, sound, and lighting equipment library
- Guest lectures with industry professionals working as producers, directors, actors, and more
The goal of the 1-Year Producing Program is to equip students with the training and skills to fully produce creative projects and pursue their interest in the film and television industries. To learn more, see NYFA’s Course Catalogs. To request more information about NYFA Australia, click here.
NYFA’s 1-Year Producing Program is a conservatory-based, intensive program held over the course of three full-time semesters. Qualified students who complete the 1-Year Certificate may apply to have their coursework be accepted for advanced standing in the AFA, BFA or MFA in Producing.
During NYFA’s 1-Year Producing Program, students create a series of projects such as a Finance and Budgeting Plan, Marketing and Distribution Plan, and TV Show Bible. They may also participate in a Directing Production Workshop and the Acting for Producers Production Workshop. An internship component is another integral element of the one-year program. Students will also present their final pitches to a professional industry panel. To learn more, visit NYFA’s producing project page.
The 1-Year Producing Program at NYFA’s Producing School is available at NYFA New York and Los Angeles, as well as NYFA Australia.
Please note: Equipment, curriculum, and projects are subject to change and may vary depending on location. Students should consult the most recently published campus catalog for the most up-to-date curriculum.